For members and officers of your organization, here are some links to help you navigate your organization’s page on the @UVA platform. *Note that only the people listed as “President” and/or “Primary Contact” for your organization will have full access to make edits to your organization’s page on @UVA.
Have additional questions about your organization’s page on @UVA? Please email us at email@example.com or stop by the PAC, room 164A, to see Kelly Chambers, our Program Coordinator for CIO Support.
To request one of our conference rooms for a student org meeting, please see a PAC Assistant at our front desk in Newcomb 164 during our business hours: Monday - Friday: 8am-6pm.
Student Photography Initiative
SPIN was created to help students and student organizations capture their experiences through photography. SPIN primarily focuses on event photography and would consider other ways to be supportive. For more information about SPIN, and to request a photographer, go here.
HOOVIEW and @UVA are two excellent avenues for anyone within the UVA community to advertise events and initiatives on Grounds. Both exist to promote communication among students, faculty, administration, and the Charlottesville community.
· HooView is a display system for digital advertisements (flyers) across network-enabled screens on Grounds. UVA entities can submit a flyer to HooView for approval. To submit content for HooView, please visit the @UVA homepage, log in, and click the link under the HooView Submission Form. More details on submissions are included there.
· @UVA is our student engagement platform where students explore opportunities to get involved and manage their student organization pages. The platform also includes a bulletin board and calendar for announcements and event details. Primary Contacts for Departments and registered student organizations (CIOs, SSOs, etc.) can go to their page on @UVA and create “News” articles to share event announcements.
FLYER POSTING IN NEWCOMB HALL
· ONE posting per organization, per event, per board
· Flyers should not cover up other flyers (slight overlap is ok)
· All postings are removed on Sunday night
CONNECTIONS is a newsletter distributed every Wednesday and is another way for you to find out what’s going on around Grounds. To submit an item, click here for more information.
UNIVERSITY CALENDAR - To submit an event to the University Calendar go to the website, choose “suggest an event” under “calendar login,” and follow the instructions.
SABOR is a newsletter designed to provide information about new, exciting, and culturally rich experiences occurring within the Hispanic/Latino community in the upcoming issue that may be especially pertinent to the Hispanic/Latino population at UVA. Submit all blurbs to firstname.lastname@example.org exactly as you would like it to appear.
TABLE TENTS - To advertise in the dining halls, email email@example.com
CVILLE CALENDAR - List your event on c-villecalendar.com
THAT’S WASSUP is a bi-weekly newsletter sent out via email by the Black Student Alliance. It includes all events, lectures, entertainment, and opportunities catering to the Black community at the University of Virginia. If you would like to submit a blurb to be placed in That's Wassup, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIO Town Hall
The purpose of the annual CIO Town Hall meetings (held in August) is to connect CIO leaders with one another and inform CIOs on relevant policies and procedures of Newcomb Centers & Services, the StudCo funding process, and CIO resources available to them throughout the academic year. To access this year's CIO Town Hall PowerPoint, please go to Student Council's page here.
After attending the CIO Town Hall, students can:
· Say they have bonded/networked with at least 1 other CIO officer/leader
· Navigate the essentials on their @UVA page
· Understand how to lead a successful CIO
· Define hazing and identify hazing prevention resources at UVA
· Explain the premise of Green Dot and the POE program
· Explain the basics on how to reserve spaces on grounds for their CIO
· Explain the basics of how the StudCo Appropriations process works and how to collaborate w/ Business Services
· Explain what resources are available to CIOs in the PAC, SAC, and MAC lab
· Reference a PowerPoint of CIO Town Hall material & a document of relevant contact info throughout the year as needed